EverybodyLovesRiley.com!

Monday, November 15, 2004

Phobia / Bad Behavior

Riley took me by surprise today by acting out a new neurosis. So far he's been a typical puppy. But yesterday was a rainy day and he would not go outside. He refused. If you dragged him you worried his paws would bleed on the pavement. I wish I Cesar Millan lived nearby. I see him cope w/ these kinds of behaviors all the time on tv, but I can't duplicate it. Now today, whenever Riley saw shadowy pavement, he thought it was wet pavement and refused to move. I refuse to cater to this behavior and I made him go thru it. He dragged his paws and I'm worried he's going to hurt himself eventually. I found if I make him RUN thru it, he goes. But I shouldn't have to run every time there is wet pavement. I insist he behave normally. I know these phobias and behavoris can be conquered, I just have to find a good trainer or animal behaviorist to help me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, I work with rescue pugs and ouf course have my OWN and I will say that I have never known a pug who likes walking in the rain or on wet surfaces, it's like they have to tip toe through it for whatever reason. I like to think they are too pampered to get their paws wet. I always have to have a towel near the door so when we come in from the rain, I can dry pugsleys feet off :) The things we do for our babies.
pughugs
Lori and Pugsley
www.pugsplace.com

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

*** See the "Archives" on the sidebar to read the MANY MORE archived posts. Click Here. ***