EverybodyLovesRiley.com!

Saturday, November 13, 2004

My first sewing project

I finally attempted my first sewing project since I was a kid. Well, I learned to sew in 8th grade at school, and did some sewing in 8th and 9th grade at home, and then tried to sew again when I was about 16 or so and that was a nightmare. It didn't go well and neither did my temper.

But having Riley makes me want to sew. I know, it's sick. It's so domestic. I'd never do this stuff for a human kid. No way. A human kid you can get all you need at Wal Mart or what have you. But Doggie stuff, boy, it's all way too ovpriced. So I want to learn to make doggie bandanas and doggie clothes.

First thing on the list was a doggie bandana. I traced the overpriced one I bought and made a pattern. Then we gave it a go. I can't believe how well M does w/ sewing. It's a amazing.

Anyway, between the two of us (and a bit of blood), we came up with some great first-time results!

We made two bandanas: One with cool bright colors, and another one w/ a fall theme on one side and a winter theme on the other. I love seasonal/holiday bandanas. Both are reversible.

I still have charms to sew onto the tips, but I have not done that part yet.

Here are some pix!

image ..::PHOTOS::..
(cam: Panasonic Lumix FZ1 [except the 1st pic, that was the U30])

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

*** See the "Archives" on the sidebar to read the MANY MORE archived posts. Click Here. ***