EverybodyLovesRiley.com!

Saturday, October 30, 2004

Friday night

How is Riley today?

He's doing so good. I can't belive how big he's getting, how heavy. He doesn't look fat or anything. It's just his legs are getting longer and his face is getting more pug-like.

For some reason he's hating the leash more today (even before I got the new leash). He fights me SO hard. I hate it. It's a complete and total battle of wills. What's weird is that he WAS getting REALLY good about the leash! He'd walk walk walk, and sometimes even run all on his own. All the books say never drag the dog, never pull. Just stop the battle of wills and "when he moves forward, praise him". May I just pause here and say: "bull sh*t!". If I stop the battle of wills, he runs the other way. There is no when he moves forward. He wants in neighbors grass. He wants back to the house. He was doing so well on the leash up until the last few days or so. Not sure what to make of this.

I plan to get him in w/ a trainer asap. Meanwhile he still SITS and DOWNS on command.

His cold is much better, although it's not gone. But he's happy and bouncy and has more energy than I know what to do with.

Housetraining... idunno. He only goes inside if I take too long getting home from errands (that's during the day). He's in his larger pen in the day. He was going at night in his smaller crate, but I decreased the amount of room he has in his crate now and the first night he #1 and #2, but so far the last 2 nights he's held it. But I'm getting up after 4 hours of sleep or so to take him out. Therefore I'm exhausted and sleep deprived. I'm not dragging the smaller crate downstairs for daytime, it's too heavy. I might try folding his pen down smaller when I leave the house to see if I can stop the peeing inside. But he only does that if I take took long. I wish puppies came w/ larger bladders.

I'm still waiting for him to wag his tail for the first time, and I'm still waiting for forehead wrinkles.

I'm tired and I should be in bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

*** See the "Archives" on the sidebar to read the MANY MORE archived posts. Click Here. ***