EverybodyLovesRiley.com!

Friday, October 29, 2004

Stuff

I got an I.D. Tube for Riley today at Petco.

He got microchipped last weekend and has a tag for that which has AVID's 800-number and microchip ID number. But it's nice to have something w/ a name and phone number on it too. I'll probably get him an engraved tag too, but the ID Tube is pretty cool in the meantime.

The I.D. Tube is a small metal tube that u put paper inside. And me being me, I measured the paper, figured out how much BIGGER I could make it and still have it fit inside, and then I got on the computer and fired up Pagemaker and created a template and typed my information out, cuz more would fit that way than if I had hand-written it. Then I printed it out and cut it and stuck it in the tube. It's great.

And what's really neat is that you can change the info on the fly. So like if you move, or are taking the dog on vacation, or having him stay w/ a friend or boarding facility while you are away, you can put the pertinant information for THAT week in the tube. I really like that aspect of it. The one I got is metalic gold and blue.

image
It's really tiny. Mind you this close-up is on tiny Riley.

I also got (mainly for me) the Bags On Board retractable leash. I didn't really want a retractable leash right now (before he's fully trained and while he's so small) but it's cool cuz it holds rolls of bags so that if you forget or he takes you by surprise by going #2 twice while out, your not caught off-guard without a bag. It's AWESOME.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

*** See the "Archives" on the sidebar to read the MANY MORE archived posts. Click Here. ***