EverybodyLovesRiley.com!

Sunday, April 24, 2005

So proud of himself! :)

Oh, this is the CUTEST THING!

Riley has never been able to jump up on the couch on his own. He did it once, when M's mom was here. But other than that I've never seen him do it. Yesterday I tried to teach him to use a pillow to jump off of and he did it a couple times.

Tonight, just now, I was laying on the couch, and he jumped up onto the couch and onto my stomach! He didn't even use the pillow to jump off of. And here's the funny part. He NEVER wants to be on me. He never gets on me when we're in bed every night/morning. He never gets on me when I lay on the floor. He tolerates only short bouts of me holding him on my lap.

But tonight when he figured out how to jump up onto the couch and then onto me laying there, he was SO proud of himself that he kept jumping off onto the floor and then back on, and then he'd hang out on my stomach for a while just sitting there smiling (panting, looked like he was smiling), and then get down and back up again. He never wants to be on me, but it was like he was so proud to have figured it out he kept sitting on my stomach. :)

What a cutie pie!

UPDATE: Oh AND! He'd bring me a toy! He's go get a toy and then come over to the couch, I'd grab the toy from him and he'd jump up on me. Also, the first time he did it, he kissed me all over the face. LOL! As I write this, he KEEPS doing it over and over, jumping down and back up onto the couch. Hahahaha!

UPDATE 2: And Nicky used to take toys and jump up onto the couch (or the bench on the porch) in order to get the toy away from Riley, and Riley would just stand there on his hind legs like "oh, I can't get up there". But now he can and it's so funny. Nicky jumps up on the couch w/ the Nylabone and Riley's right behind him, UP! and after the bone. Hahaha. No more unfair games now, Nicky! LOL.

UPDATE 3: I need a life!

2 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

Aw! I love how proud they are when they learn something new! So cute!

3:58 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Aw! I love how proud they are when they learn something new! So cute!

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

*** See the "Archives" on the sidebar to read the MANY MORE archived posts. Click Here. ***