EverybodyLovesRiley.com!

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Pug Zit???

I posted this to one of the forums:

"I know what a human zit looks like, but I know that animal zits can look different. When my cat had "feline acne', it looked nothing like human acne.

Riley had a swelling on his lip and then it grew and now it looks like a bunch of bumps in one spot.

If it doesn't go away by Friday, I'll take him to the vet. Gosh, those vets must be SICK of me coming by! It seems I'm there ALL the time.

What do you guys make of this? ...


(click for larger)

I have started mixing in some 'grocery store food' with his premium food because I was very sick last week and just could NOT get to the place that sells California Natural. Maybe this is a reaction to that food, Idunno.

Any thoughts? I'll take him to the vet Friday if it doesn't go down."


UPDATE: Riley is about 9 months old.

UPDATE 2: Thanks to all of your for your comments! :) I think I will keep an eye on it and if it doesn't go down by Saturday or Monday I will take him to the vet for sure. It looked much much better this morning, but during the day it flared up again, so I want to watch it a few more days before going to the vet.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Alfred has a zit currently but it is smaller, harder looking and redder. I will say this. MY ex boyfriend had a pug that had a "pimple" put it got bigger and didnt go away. The vet decided that it might be something else and they had to cut it off. So, I say take him in to see the vet. No harm in that.

7:43 AM  
Blogger T. said...

Baxter used to get them all the time as a pup. The vet gave us a topical cream. I think it was called Dexatrol......it's pimple cream for dogs. It works great. Dries it right up...

Tangie

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cosi has had them on occasion too. Mostly when he's been using chewies a lot. I think the area gets irritated and he gets a zit.

My sister's pug has had them, too.

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it looks like a zit on a zit -- it could be a wart -- Buster had one once (he gets zits too -- you can usually pop those and they go down in a few days) -- the vet removed it and everything was fine -- but you should have it checked

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No need to worry about a little puppy acne. Pugs are very proned to acne until about 18 months old. Just make sure that you feed him from stainless steel bowls so that they don't get bacteria in them and become infected, could cause a staph infection. Also, you can use a little bit of of peroxide a few times a day and even a natural aloe sap(not the bottle kind) will help dry them out. You will notice as the weather gets hotter that it may get worse, just be patient and it will go away. No need to give the vet another $35 for an office visit so the vet can give you anibiotics that are useless!

Sarina

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

*** See the "Archives" on the sidebar to read the MANY MORE archived posts. Click Here. ***