EverybodyLovesRiley.com!

Thursday, May 26, 2005

PEE PEE URINE PEE PEE URINE PEE PEE

I don't know what to do about Nicky.

M filled out and sent in the application/survey to this special program that our vet is referring us to after that neighbor-biting incident. Hopefully they'll be able to help us, but it's far away and we still don't know what it costs and if we can afford it.

Nicky is just out of control. He's peeing all over the place, even 45 minutes after he peed outside plenty. He doesn't have a UTI, we had him checked.

I'm losing my mind. Just 45 minutes after peeing plenty outside, Nicky just peed all over the bed on my side, all over the sheets, the bed liner is soaked, and so is the big fat comforter that barely fits in the washing machine. He peed on the carpet last night too. And when he peed on the bed today, I did NOT yell at him, but just said "c'mon nicky!" in a happy upbeat voice to get him to come downstairs, but he peed on the carpet when he jumped off the bed, on the stairs, and on the floor downstairs on the way to his crate.

I'm losing it. I hate this!!! And on top of it all he has THE WORST SMELLING PEE ON THE PLANET.

I'm sick. And poor M had to go into work at 3am last night and is on his way home now (2pm) to go to back bed. I have the comforter in the washer now, but this is really making me crazy. It's like Nicky can only live in his crate or on the back porch, and what kind of life is that??? Especially when it gets to be 98 F in the summer here!

UPDATE: And as soon as I posted this I got up to get a drink and found even MORE urine in the kitchen! Geezus!!!!!!!

UPDATE 2: When M came home we noticed that Nicky was quivering in his crate. He hasn't quivered like that since the day we brought him home from the pound! This is all too weird. M thought maybe all this is because M's schedule was different and maybe Nicky thought M left for good or maybe Nicky thought M came home in the middle of the day to punish Nicky. Nicky was obviously abused before we got him. He cowers and pees if you raise your voice at all or if you raise your arm (like just to guide him away from an open door, for example). I waived my soes in the air once and Nicky cowered like he thought I was gonna hit him w/ my shoe. It's so sad!

UPDATE 3: Thanks to Tangie for the comment. I forgot to mention that we usually put "Pull-Ups" on Nicky in case he tries to pee, but we didn't think he'd need one just 45 minutes after going outside. I guess he'll have to have one on now all the time while inside until we solve this. I want to get a belly band too, because it's designed just for dogs, while pull-ups don't always fit right.

4 Comments:

Blogger T. said...

Hi there,

I am currently dealing with the exact same thing. Herbie is my 5 year old pug, whom we got from a rescue has been peeing non-stop for two days now. We took him to the vet and he has a bad bladder infection, plus he got an allergy shot that I am told has a side effect of increased urination! Yippe-friggin-do right??
We have been keeping a a belly band on him pretty much all the time (except at night) until this issue works itself out. He doesn't mind it. You just put a super maxi pad in it and it wraps around their pee-pee and their body and catches everything. It is awesome!! I don't know what I would do without it honestly.

Tangie

2:04 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

My boy pug leaks urine. It seems to be even worse when he's upset or our routine changes. The vet is using a medicine called Proin Drops. A supplemental product for urinary incontinence in dogs. It comes in tablets or liquid drops. The drops seem to work better for Baxter. You have to follow-up with the vet for blood work to make sure it's not causing any side effects.

www.raguspug.blogspot.com

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you thought that Nicky might have a urinary tract infection? His pee shouldn't smell. Good luck.

5:48 PM  
Blogger laserone_ said...

Yeah, as I said in the post,
"He doesn't have a UTI, we had him checked."
The vet said that he has no UTI but that his urine smelled strong because it was very basic (high pH) and that switching food may change the ph and make it smell less.

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

*** See the "Archives" on the sidebar to read the MANY MORE archived posts. Click Here. ***