EverybodyLovesRiley.com!

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Weekend recap

Riley had a fun weekend.

I'm tired so I don't know if I'll remember everything.

Saturday...

Oh man, my brain is dead.

I know we went to the dog park both Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday a cop came by and warned some people to lock their doors as there have been some car break-ins. I wonder if there has been more than one... there was one the weekend before when we were there.

On Saturday we went to Home Depot w/ Riley to get hot dogs (for us) before the dog park. It's amazing how much attention he gets when we go out! At the dog park he played with a Schnauzer who did NOT seem to like him.

On Sunday, before the dog park, we went to the local dog bakery and botique but found them to be closed. They used to be open on Sundays, not sure when that changed. Then we went to the dog park and after that we went to Mom's to set up her new computer. Riley hung out in his portable pen, and was such a good boy. At the dog park, there was a Bassett Hound Social Club gathering in the small dog area. Since Riley is high-strung and rude (bites) I didn't let him in with all the mellow (although BARKING) Bassett Hounds. I never heard so much barking at the dog park. When Pugs get together, you don't hear all that barking. In fact when I went to a "Pug Picnic" on the other coast a few months ago with HUNDREDS of pugs, you still heard no barking. Anyway... So we went on a walk around the dog park and then afterwards let him in the big dog off-leash area since there was another small dog in there, an Italian Greyhound. This Italian Greyhound KICKED RILEY'S *SS! He hounded my poor baby to death. I know it was just play but we eventually took him out so that he could get a breather. This was a day that Riley was not the agresssor on top of the dog pile. It's good for Riley to learn he can't always be the one on top biting.

Well, I'm tired and must get to bed. :( Photos to follow, they're still on the camera.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

*** See the "Archives" on the sidebar to read the MANY MORE archived posts. Click Here. ***