EverybodyLovesRiley.com!

Monday, January 10, 2005

This Weekend

Whew, what a weekend, and we are all still tired.

Saturday was the way-fun Pug Meetup. (Find one near you at pug.meetup.com!) I still have to go thru all the pictures I took. Everybody just loves Riley! That's how we came up w/ the domain name for him: EverybodyLovesRiley.com Heehee. Riley has a girlfriend! This one little girl pug who is a month older than him, every month, month after month, meetup after meetup, these two are inseperable! Play play play play play play. Those two really play with eachother more than anyone else, it's so cute! He met lots of new friends, and chased lots of old ones. He met his Dogster pals Uly and Circe! I was talking to Circe's mom and it's possible that Circe and Riley are distant cousins. Her breeder and my breeder both breed with a particular other breeder and so you never know. :) So many cute pugs came on Saturday. This was the first pug meetup (I think) where we met at a dog park where they could all be off-leash.

Then after that we took Riley home, made sammiches, and then drove 30 miles south to pick up a cat from the shelter and then turn around and drive...? + or - 3 hours to a town above Tampa to drop the kitty of w/ the lady who runs a cat rescue. We wanted to volunteer for cat rescue, they needed to get this kitty halfway to it's new home (or foster home?) in Daytona, so we did the leg to the Tampa area. It was much further than we thought it was, but that's ok, it was worth it to save a kitty. But I wish I had taken Riley w/ us. But he was such a good boy, never went potty and he was home for a long time!

Then today, after feeling so bad about leaving him alone so long yesterday, we just piddled around town but took Riley w/ us everywhere we went. Petco, a lake in a shopping center parking lot that has lots of ducks and pine cones (Riley's favorite!) (pine cones), and then to PetSmart, and then to his Nana's house to chase the cats, and then we went to dinner at the wings 'n seafood place (Pinchers) where we can bring Riley if we eat outside. Some guy offered to buy him a beer. :\ He slept on the chair next to me, so sweeeeeeeeeeet.

While at Petco I figured I'd let Riley pick out a toy. The bottom row that he can reach has tons of different kinds of toys. Long toys, dangly toys, chew toys, flying toys, you name it. He was like IN a bin of big oversized fluffy stuffed balls like he loved laying in it. I think if he had his way I'd have bought all of them and made a pile for him at home. So I laughed and said "Is THIS the toy you want?" and he tried like hell to pull it out of the bin, but he couldn't. So I pulled it out for him and he want ape-sh*t, pushing it and chasing it all around the store. He just LOVES this thing! I'd have never picked it out myself, you just never know what the little guy is going to prefer I guess.

He loves this toy, he even rests on it and uses it as a pillow.

I should be in bed, but I want to go thru the pug meetup photos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

*** See the "Archives" on the sidebar to read the MANY MORE archived posts. Click Here. ***