EverybodyLovesRiley.com!

Thursday, November 04, 2004

YELP!

Poor Riley. We came home from the vet and he felt fine. Then after his nap, I picked him up and he YELPED real loud in pain. I put him on the counter and when I needed to move him away from the edge, I touched him (gently) near his shoulders and he yelped again. Anytime I touched him ANYwhere, even far from where he got his shot, he yelped out loud, and then started breathing REALLY fast.

I called the vet and they said that's normal for tiny dogs after a vaccine. It just hurts them all over after a while, and that can last for a few days. They said I could take him in and, ironically enough, they would give him a shot for the pain. I said that if this is normal, I'll wait it out.

After a trip to potty, I put him on the couch w/ me where he normally loves to play. He had no interest in his toys but just wanted to STAND. He stood for probably 45 minutes next to me on the couch. He was sleepy, his eyes closing, and he just stood there, on all fours, afraid to sit down or move. He stared at me the whole time, too. Kinda... creepy. Just STARED at me.

At one point I got a phone call and was distracted, but still sitting on the couch. I needed to write down a phone number and realized that I couldn't move (I mean, I felt his little body on mine). I looked down and he was still STANDING on all fours, but he had rested his tiny head on my leg. IT WAS SO ADORABLY CUTE! I felt so bad for him that he felt pain.

He's much better now, it's late at night. Tonight on the couch he played and played. He still will squeal if you pick him up, but he doesn't seem to be as sensitive. Poor lil' guy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nia said...

Awww, that poor pup. Mylo didn't have a reaction to that extent, he just slept away right after the shot. I hope lil' Riley is better.

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

*** See the "Archives" on the sidebar to read the MANY MORE archived posts. Click Here. ***