EverybodyLovesRiley.com!

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Pen

Riley's been driving me crazy w/ housetraining issues. One of the many things he's been doing is tearing up (and eating parts of) the potty pads I use when I am going to be gone longer than he can hold it. Sometimes he tears them up and then pees on the floor.

(Thanks to the helpful people on the many pug boards who had suggestions.)

So, I think my mistake is leaving him in a large pen while gone for longer periods of time. So tonight when we went out to dinner, I folded his pen down real small, so that he only had a small 4-panel area, like so:

image
(cam: Sony U30)

For those familiar w/ the 'crate training' process, you'll understand that this small area should make him want to try harder to hold it. He did hold it, but we weren't gone long. But I plan to do this from now on when I have to leave for longer than I think he can hold it. I think this'll help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

*** See the "Archives" on the sidebar to read the MANY MORE archived posts. Click Here. ***