EverybodyLovesRiley.com!

Monday, January 24, 2005

So far so good.

[[THIS POST was posted Monday afternoon around 2 or 3pm. Blogger is putting my posts out of order!]]

The vet said Riley came thru the surgery ok and that he is fine. I get to take him home tomorrow morning.

This new dog we got at the pound, Nicky, was fixed on the 19th and he has a wound from his surgery. He keeps licking it and it's so disgusting. The day we got him (Friday), before I picked him up, he opened his wond, ate all the stitches, and they had to put 3 staples in. When we took him to the vet on Saturday and the vet said he only had 2 staples, so I guess he ate one of those too. He has a cone on his head now but he can STILL reach his wound. I dread the aftermath of Riley's getting fixed. I can't handle nasty wounds and I hate the sound of a dog licking, it grates on me like nails on a chalkboard. It might be ok cuz Riley is shaped like a watermelon and can't really BEND to touch his other end, so maybe he won't be able to bother it, and then it'll heal cleanly.

Yuk.

2 Comments:

Blogger AM said...

Who is the new dog named Nicky? I dont remember reading about him. Is he not on the site because he isnt a pug? Post a pic!

4:34 PM  
Blogger laserone_ said...

We got him this past Friday and I did post about it:
http://apugslife.blogspot.com/2005/01/new-dog-oh-lordy-are-we-crazy-or-what.html
... and some of the photo galleries since then include photos of him.

I'm not making a big presentation about it in case it doesn't work out.

If it does work out and he stays with us, then you'll be seeing more of him... and if I can convince M. to do it, maybe he'll start a dog blog just for him. Nicky is more M.'s dog while Riley is more my dog. Same w/ the cats: Sasha is more my cat while Crystal is more M.'s cat.
http://apugslife.blogspot.com/2004/10/background.html

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

*** See the "Archives" on the sidebar to read the MANY MORE archived posts. Click Here. ***