EverybodyLovesRiley.com!

Saturday, January 22, 2005

New dog, oh lordy are we crazy or what?

Well... We got Riley a brother. Not a pug. I'd love another pug, but really I wanted a pug to take with me everywhere and so if I had two pugs it'd be harder to take two dogs everywhere I go.

M has wanted a dog for a long time, and I kind-of cut in front of him by getting Riley when I did, so when the time was right and the perfect dog came along, we got M his dog.

It's a white German Spitz or American Eskimo, we are not sure. He's from the local pound.

..::PHOTOS::..
(Camera phone: Nokia 3650)

Riley is terrorizing this poor dog. We're not sure of a name yet, but we think we'll go with "Nicky". Nicky is putting Riley in his place and not getting mad when Riley CONSTANTLY bites at his face. Nicky is kind of a meek dog, we wonder if he was abused before. But he tolerates Riley, pulls dominance on him, but never bites or huts him... so far anyway. We'll have to keep a close eye to make sure that this is going to work out. If new-dog hurts Riley or the cats, we'll have to re-think this. But so far so good.

I'll write more later on, but we are on our way out the door to take new-dog to his 1st vet appt and get Crystal her shots.

OH, and THAT'S IT! No more! One dog and one cat per person is enough. That's it, no more. Really.

1 Comments:

Blogger laserone_ said...

Most of the time when Riley goes for the face it's not clear what he's after. I don't think I ever saw him grab a jowl... maybe once but I am not sure. He just seems to want to bite the face. The other thing he does is bites the fur of the other dog and PULLS real hard, tufts of hair in his mouth afterwards and all. This is what he does to his fuzzy plush toys. If I had been psychic, I'd have never gotten him fuzzy plush toys. Now he thinks all dogs and cats are chew toys. :(

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

*** See the "Archives" on the sidebar to read the MANY MORE archived posts. Click Here. ***