EverybodyLovesRiley.com!

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Riley's at the vet

Poor lil' Riley is at the vet this afternoon. He ate a greenie last night and then this morning threw up pieces of it that had not been chewed or digested. Then at noon he threw up bright yellow bile. [Gross-Factor Warning:] As soon as he throws up, he starts eating it, so who knows how many times he actually did throw up.

I took him to the vet, and the vet said greenies are safe and that he doesn't believe that a dog normally has to be supervised while eating them. But I think I do have to watch Riley, as he chews them for a while and then just starts trying to swallow the whole thing. He said no more greenies, or I can hold it while he chews it (like on the couch watching tv) so that I will know if he tries to eat too big a piece. Stupid dog. :)

So he's at the vet for observation and I get to pick him up later right in the middle of 5 o'clock traffic. I hope he's ok, but I'm sure he is.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

It's a pug thing. When Ike & Kea eat about half their rawhide they decide it would be practical to just swallow the rest whole. This results in lots of gagging and my hand down their throats pulling out rawhide. Oy.

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dudley, our pug, has done the exact same thing. He ate the last big chunk of his greenie and proceeded to lay around and act lethargic. I took him to the vet and he promptly threw up the chunk and then was fine. Sounds like Riley had a rougher go of it. Dudley now thinks that he can swallow just about anything as long as it's smaller than his head, we REALLY have to keep an eye on him and NO MORE GREENIES! haha best of luck!

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

*** See the "Archives" on the sidebar to read the MANY MORE archived posts. Click Here. ***