EverybodyLovesRiley.com!

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Help for Riley?

Tonight we went to dinner w/ our neighbors and they recommended a kennel that does dog training and they couldn't praise the place enough. I can't wait to call them because Riley needs training so bad.

As I mentioned before, Riley has been out of control. At home, w/ no distractions, he'll "sit" and "down" and do other stuff like go up exactly 3 steps on the stairs so I can take his harness off easily, he'll dance on his hind legs, and sit by his dropped leash while I dispose of his poopie bag in the garage. But when he meets other people or dogs, all bets are off. He won't "sit" which is what I was told by a trainer to try, to get his mind focused. He bites the cats, he bites the other dog, he bits ME and draws blood. He won't housetrain and I'm really at my wits end. I've been in tears.

So I'll be calling this kennel place ASAP, you better believe it. Poor Riley is penned up much more than I'd like him to be, but it's a matter of necessity. I can't have him pulling bloody plugs of hair out of my 17.5 year old cat Sasha like he did to Crystal, and that's just one of many, many examples of what's been going on.

I'm stressed and upset... and also sad. Other things are going on- Nicky still has realy bad kennel cough and projectile phlegm and I'm completely sleep-deprived from Nicky coughing all night, M snoring, Riley panting (he sits up all night panting and licking his face and won't sleep, yes, the vet knows about it)... I can't seem to get the house clean or the laundry done no matter how hard I try... I can't and won't go on and on about it. All I know is that I hope Nicky gets better soon (so I can stop stepping in wet phlegm spots on the floor [and finding them in the bed!]) and that Riley AND I can get some serious dog training help ASAP.

I want Riley to be a happy bouncing roam around the house dog.
I want to be a happy bouncing roam around the house person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

*** See the "Archives" on the sidebar to read the MANY MORE archived posts. Click Here. ***