Ack! Where did the week go?
I'm sorry it's been almost a week since I wrote a post! Monday was really busy, had a doctors appointment and a physical therapy appointment (for my foot), and then after that most of the week I felt basically terrible: low energy, tired, generally crappy, and even sick to my stomach Thursday night. I didn't even have the energy or focus to be on the computer much, and if you know me, that's unusual! I do have photos to upload, maybe later tonight.
Nicky and Riley are best friends now, it's so cute. If Nicky is on the porch and Riley is inside, they go at eachother through the glass like "lets play! let's play!". They play "I'm dominant, no I'M dominant" for hours, as well as "weasel-dog", "snake fight", and "tug of bone". Riley has this foot-long stuffed dog we call 'weasel dog' and they play tug of war with that. They also play tug of war with a 4 foot long stuffed snake, we call that game "snake fight". We gave them both smoked beef rawhide bones tonight, and they take turns stealing eachother's bones. It's so cute. They play for HOURS and never get bored.
I actually kind of MISS Riley because he pays so much attention to Nicky that it's like I don't even exist anymore. As I write this, after two hours or more of play, Riley keeps coming up to me and putting his front paws on my lap, so I guess he does still love me. But really, it's like I don't even exist anymore most of the time.
Right now M and I are on the back porch w/ our laptops and the dogs are playing these various games around our feet.
Tomorrow is the Festival Of India that we go to each year, so I don't know if we'll get to the dog park because we usually spend hours there and then come home absoultely exhausted. Then Sunday I am going to see the broadway play Phantom Of The Opera w/ a girlfriend. Also it is raining this weekend so I am not sure we'll get to the dog park.
Riley's one ear is starting to back to it's normal position all on it's own. I read that the ears sometimes do that. I may tape his other ear to see if it'll stick. Although, w/ all the roughousing that he and Nicky do together, I doubt the tape will stay on.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home